Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: " Green Tambo " Lemon Pipers , not Turtles
PostPosted: Oct 19, 2016 
Bloody Busker

For a correction here , in the " Famous Busker Songs " collection of MP3s , " Green Tambourine " is referred to as being performed by the Turtles .
That is not the case .
The Lemon Pipers had the hit of " GT " , I have never heard nor heard of the Turtles recording " GT " at all ~ I am pretty knowledgeable about this period/genre (1960s pop-rock) and the Lemon Pipers were the " GT " hitmakers ~ I am , right now , playing a YT video of someone playing an a vinyl 45 of the LPs' record if you need proof !
(It appears to be of a British or Canadian pressing?? on the Pye International label , before I got down to finally doing this I had seen a YT of someone doing likewise , but with an original American Buddah Records 45 of it but it appears to be gone from YT now ~ Oh well :roll: ~ You can't have everything .)
I will make just one attempt to , painstakingly putting up the letters of the URL one by one due to my limited computer skills that don't allow me to click-and-drag (No wonder I'm a busker now ! :tongue: ) but if it does not go up , it's ProductSify's channel which put it up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Ozh0KheTs .
Listen while I PLAY!!!!!!!!!!! :banjo:

Profile E-mail  

Title: Re: " Green Tambo " Lemon Pipers , not Turtles
PostPosted: Oct 22, 2016 
Bwana Busker

Blog: View Blog (203)
I think you're right...
Green Tambourine
Not sure where the Turtles came from...
Thanks
:tiphat:

Profile Personal album