Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: Proposed busking/street-music documentary
PostPosted: Oct 31, 2005 
Neo Busker

Hello all buskers out there,
I just found this site and it seems to be just what I was looking for.
I am proposing to make a documentary on the subject of street-music in Europe which will be accompanied by brief historical insights to every European location we visit.
Basically I am on the lookout for talented buskers in all European locations who would like to collaborate. By this I mean interviews on the ups and downs of buskings, recording and filming(I plan to release a c.d. of all the best material with any proceeds earned going straight back to the performers) live performances on the street and elaborating on any experiences and inspirations you have had. Should anyone need to know in more detail what I am trying to achieve I would happily send a copy of the synopsis for the project which has the working title 'Stories of the street'.
Any help or leads for amazing or bizzare buskers would be gratefully recieved.
Regards
Anton Davis
e.mail-drongle@hotmail.com

Title:
PostPosted: Nov 3, 2005 
Bwana Busker

Blog: View Blog (203)
You may want to look at what others have done before you to see what worked and what didn't. Since you have the winter to plan, you can look up some of these and see what happened...

Peter Shatalow's 2 hour documentary on Street Theater & Street Performers

"The Street Singer" (PBS 1984)
"Street Art," was an episode of an educational film series from America! created by Louis Schwartzberg of Black Light Films in 1999.
"Street Music" documentary film which focuses on NY street and subway artists by JD Marlow in 2003.

To some, the most significant film on street performing was the 1938 Mayflower Pictures "St. Martin's Lane."

...and of course, the videos here at Busker Central

Good Luck! :lol:

Profile Personal album  

Display:  Sort by  

Time is UTC - 5 hours

Who's Online