Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: Musical Circle Shows
PostPosted: Jul 18, 2011 
Neo Busker

Hey folks, this is my first post, and i have a question about musical busking. From what ive seen, most musical performances are Walk By shows on sidewalks or subways or parks. My question is, are there any musical circle shows? Are they common? If not, why? Would you follow the format of having a build up to a finale? If so, how would you do a finale?

Sorry if all these questions are annoying, I'm just very curious about busking.

Thanks in advance guys,
Tom

Profile E-mail  

Title: Re: Musical Circle Shows
PostPosted: Jul 19, 2011 
Bloody Busker

Blog: View Blog (3)
Yes - There are musical circle shows but they are much different than walk-by shows with the musician just playing covers. Below is one model.

Musical circle shows can gather a crowd by telling a funny story or humorous political views and then inserting special songs into the performance.

This is where the creativity comes in. The story and songs are created by the busker and are not covers.

The show is ended by building the story up into a grand finale with a rousing song supporting the story.

The busker usually has a trickle hat out during the show and after the finale, picks up the hat and stands proudly as the audience donates their appreciation.

They are uncommon because it takes mucho skill to crowd-build, story-tell, and drop hat lines...not to mention the musical talent.

By busking this way, the musician can now be in a position to pass the hat.

If you could somehow have cd's and even video of your show available for sale, you'd be pushing the extremes of story-telling and musical busking.
:hole:

Display:  Sort by  

Time is UTC - 5 hours

Who's Online