Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: Buskers in Arkansas--April to Nov
PostPosted: Jan 4, 2007 
Hello: I am interested in letting the folks on your site know that our city is available to buskers. The city, Eureka Springs, AR is located in the NW portion of the state and is in one of the fastest growing parts of the country. We are a tourist based location, with beautiful parks, lakes and architecture. We are a strong art community with many festivals and fairs from April through November.

I would like to send the word that Eureka Springs loves Buskers. We have enjoyed street performers in our city for many years now and welcome others who would like to join us. There are many areas of the town open to performers and there are no fees or limitations (except the old 'no amplification'!) It is in the works to make our main downtown area a walking mall, that would also be open to all performers.

Currently, we have a few local performer who make their living busking in town. And occasionally the city itself will sponsor a performer. This summer we are setting up performances for every weekend (Thurs. to Sun.) during the high season. Everyone is invited to join.

During the high season we have as many as 10,000 people pass through our main city park (Basin Spring Park) on any given day.

Please pass the word and check out http://www.eurekasprings.org! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Former Busker and current Production Coordinator
Janet Alexander

PS--It might interest you to know that one of the un-official town mottos is "Where the misfits fit and the weirdoes turn pro!"

The Ticket Place and Festival Office
137A W Van Buren
Eureka Springs, AR 72632
888/855-7823
479/253-2586

Display:  Sort by  

Time is UTC - 5 hours

Who's Online