Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: Questions about your festival experience
PostPosted: Apr 28, 2009 
Neo Busker

Hi there,

Jacqueline Raposo here. I'm a producer from New York City and, in 2007, tagged along with a street performer friend performing at the Street Performance World Championship in Dublin.

I was blown away by the acts I saw and the energy of the festival, and thought the subject matter would make a thrilling documentary. Since then I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and interviewing some phenomenal performers. I’ll be returning to Dublin this June to do some research / take some footage on a few performers and the festival to go into a short pitch film, in hopes to get funding and a production team going.

While I’ve been doing plenty of research, I would greatly appreciate the opinions of accomplished performers such as yourselves. Below are 10 questions. If you have the time and inclination, please feel free to contribute as much or little information as you’d like. Your answers will help me shape what I’ll be exploring in the documentary and therefore what I’ll try to capture a snippet of in Dublin.

Please email your thoughts to Jacqueline@moderneyestheater.org.

Cheers,
Jacqueline
www.moderneyestheatre.org

Festival Experience

1. What are your top FIVE favorite festivals (from favorite to least favorite)? If you feel like expanding, why? Because of the competition, audience, expected hat (no specifics, thanks... Don’t need to know how much you make), scenic location etc?

2. Do you prefer festivals or shows on the street? Why?

3. What is your favorite country/city to perform in? Why?

4. What is your least favorite country/city to perform in? Why?

5. What country/city is the most welcoming to your art?

6. What country/city is the least welcome to your art?

7. What fears or expectations do you have performing at festivals versus on the street?

8. What fulfillment to you garner from festivals that you don’t get in random circle shows?

9. What cities in the United States are the best for busking?

10. What cities in the United States do you wish were better?

Is there anything else you'd like to tell me?

Thanks SO much!

Profile E-mail  

Display:  Sort by  

Time is UTC - 5 hours

Who's Online