Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: VEGAS BABY!!
PostPosted: Feb 2, 2021 
Neo Busker

Well a couple of years ago, I said 2020 was going to be my year. So I had planned a tour of the west coast from Seattle to Chula Vista California then back to Los Angeles and over to Vegas, . Then East along the southern coast up to New York
See I have a 1000 watt PA system powered by my nissan pathfinder , 2 batteriesand a 1000 watt inverter. I'm a POWER BUSKER!!.
MY ONLY OROBLEM IS. I need to park where I'm going to play..

When the covid alerts went out I thought it would be over. Screw it I'm going anyway.!!
So we left Aberdeen Washington June 8th. Stopping in Portland for a couple of days after playing in Astoria.ee went to Salem then over to the Coastal towns of Oregon..

We weren't getting many donations so kept going South. California was a little better but still not enough for motel rooms and the camp grounds were mostly closed, so we just pulled up along the roads and pitched our tent .

The hardest thing about busking for me has been choosing where to play, and whether to ask for permission or not. Or whether to call city hall and see if a permit is needed.
I did find out that it is better to get set up as quick as possible and play as many songs as you can before they come and tell you you can't. Sometimes they change their minds after hearing a couple of songs if you're good enough. This is going to be a semi long story so I will have to break it up into parts. ( The last attempt somehow disappeared after about 350 words).

Profile E-mail  

Title: Re: VEGAS BABY!!
PostPosted: Apr 22, 2021 
Neo Busker

Here's an old busker philosophy:

"'Tis better to ask forgiveness than ask permission."

:mime:

Display:  Sort by  

Time is UTC - 5 hours

Who's Online