Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: Cashless Tipping
PostPosted: Jun 14, 2021 
Neo Busker

I looking for a cheap card reader to use for IRL busking. the important feature I'm looking for is repeat payments.

Repeat payments would let me accept payments for one fixed amount repeatedly. Allowing take multiple tips at the same set amount without the need to keep on pressing buttons between tips.

A useful feature for busking.

I brough the Zettle reader for this feature, but the feature only works on IoS and I have an android device smirk also I'm in the UK.

my situation I'm looking to do a magic show once covid has died down. So I'll gather a crowd and then hopefully at the end I'll have a number of people coming up and throwing money in my hat, which takes just a second. now crowds are becoming cashless, having a large audience having to queue up as I slowly process donations manually would really slow things down, and even put people off.

So having a touchless card reader that charges them £3 a pop would be really handy so people can come up, tap and go. Also parents could give the card to their children to swipe for them.

It's just a shame we're loseing the simplicity of throwing money in a hat

Thanks very much for any input!

Profile E-mail  

Title: Re: Cashless Tipping
PostPosted: Jun 15, 2021 
Bloody Busker

Blog: View Blog (3)
Try these

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2021 
Neo Busker

thank you, unfortunately, I cant see such a feature on any of the advertising for them, except for the Zettle one but that only works if you're using apple with it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Aug 6, 2021 
Neo Busker

I believe the best option is to have a single webpage where people can indicate the quantity they want to donate and pay with their card.

This is technologically easy and cheap.

You can say the website out loud, or you can have a QR code than people can scan to access the website.

Profile E-mail  

Display:  Sort by  

Time is UTC - 5 hours

Who's Online