Time is UTC - 5 hours

Title: oh, the vulnerable statue...
PostPosted: Dec 14, 2005 
Neo Busker

i was doing a group statue set with two friends when a bunch of decked out goth women walked up. they decided immediately that they were going to make us move and that was final! so, my buddy was first to be tested. two of the women stood inches from his face and began making out. they gave up after a bit, as, darn it, he's a pro and would give 'em the satisfaction. unfortunately for me, this raised the stakes a little as i was next in line. well, sadly, i didn't get the make out treatment. what i did get was a bite on my index finger. it hurt terribly and, yes, breaking character at that point would have probably been the best idea. but i was stubborn, so just bit my tongue as hard as i could to distract myself from the pain. i didn't move, she stopped. someone threw a buck in my basket and i shifted to an exagerrated 'angry' pose, with my wounded fist high in the air, scowling at her. suddenly, the audiences eyes all widened and i could feel blood running down my arm. she put a bunch of money in my basket (but not nearly enough!) and took off. it was only later that i would consider fully the impact of being bitten by a stranger in a performance situation and track her down, if only to ask her whether she was 'clean' or not.
it's a hoot, now, but at the time...i don't know.

Profile E-mail  

Display:  Sort by  

Time is UTC - 5 hours

Who's Online